What is One Search?
What is OneSearch?
All library resources in one place
- OneSearch allows for a single, simultaneous search of the Belmont Library's collection of books, articles, electronic journals, e-books, multimedia, and more, in one easy step.
Relevant results every time
- OneSearch provides search results with a unique relevancy ranking, where the most useful scholarly resources are listed first. This feature also brings resources and materials to the surface that a researcher may not have otherwise discovered through more conventional means.
When should I use OneSearch?
- OneSearch is a great place to start your research. It helps you quickly find relevant resources on a subject, without having to decide which datadase(s) to search. The facets allow you to limit your search results in a variety of ways, including date range, source type, subject, and scholarly designation. The library's catalog resources are also integrated into the search results.
Searching tips and tricks
Limit by print books:
When you limit by books - it will include print and electronic books. There is a limit for e-books only. You can limit to print by doing the following:
1) Click Advanced Search.
2) Enter your search term(s) in the text box(es).
3) In an empty box, put in the following: PT book NOT PT ebook