1. Find Business News Stories
- Forbes - International business and industry news.
- Businessweek - International business news, including updates on companies.
- Fortune - Major business and industry news.
Newspapers and Wire Services
- Wall Street Journal - WSJ online coverage of breaking news and current headlines from the US and around the world.
- The New York Times - National newspaper's Business section.
- USATODAY - Business news for corporations and small business.
- Reuters - Business & financial news from a world news organization.
Web, TV, Radio News
- news.google.com - search news stories on the web.
- CNNMoney - Business news on U.S. and international companies.
- NPR: Business - Listen to business news from National Public Radio.
- DailyFinance - Company News news, advice and opinion articles.
- Bloomberg - Business, financial & economic news.
- WTOV9 - Local TV news network.
- Columbus Dispatch - Ohio newspaper's Business section.
- Times Leader - Newspaper from Martin's Ferry, OH.
3. Create Decision Charts & Diagrams
Templates are the easiest way to create a decision chart or diagram. To get a template:
- ASQ Quality Tools - free templates for many decision-making charts and graphs.
- FreeQuality site - generate decision charts in Microsoft Excel.
- Google - search for templates using a combination of keywords, using this sample format: force field Word template
- Office templates - from within Word, Excel, or Visio, click New and search for the type of chart or graph you want to create.
The following procedures tell how to create and use a decsion-making chart or diagram.
- Process Flow Diagram - Visio procedure
- Check Sheet - General procedure 1, General procedure 2
- Fishbone/Cause and Effect Diagram - Visio procedure
- Brainstorming - Visio procedure
- Force Field Analysis - General procedure 1, General procedure 2
- Pareto Chart - Excel procedure
- Gantt Chart - Visio procedure
2. Get Company Information
4. Create a PowerPoint Presentation
When you are finished with your chart (or diagram) and you are going to insert it into a PowerPoint presentation or Word document, first save it as an image using one of these two options:
- In Visio, save your chart in the JPEG image format. Watch this video if you need help: Visio - saving as a JPEG file. Next, insert the image file into your PowerPoint. Watch this video if you need help: PowerPoint - inserting an image.
- Another option is to take a screen capture of your chart using Windows' Snipping Tool, then copy and paste the resulting image into PowerPoint. If you are unfamiliar with the Snipping Tool, watch Using the Windows Snipping Tool or follow these steps.
Either of these two options turns your chart into a picture that you can insert into your presentation. If you are unfamiliar with creating a PowerPoint presentation, follow this link to a PowerPoint guide that will walk you through the process.